Is it difficult for you to attend therapy sessions in person?
Do you travel a lot as part of your job?
Do you live outside of the Victoria, BC area?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then telephone counselling is something you may be interested in for a convenient alternative to in-person counselling sessions.
In our telephone sessions, we will discuss the same kinds of issues and do the same kind of work that we would do in person.
Phone counselling is a growing field, and people are finding it to be as effective as in-person counselling, with many extra benefits.
Simply put, Tamara has helped me. Her phone therapy option allowed me to receive counselling when I might not have otherwise. Tamara has a knack for knowing when to ask the right questions and an ability to uncover issues in a safe and comfortable way. I would recommend her to anyone who feels they need some support.”
Name Withheld – Victoria, BC
Telephone Counselling has the Benefits of Privacy, Convenience, Accessibility, and Flexibility!
- you can use phone therapy in the comfort and security of your own home. If privacy is important to you, no one else needs to know that you are receiving help.
- you can engage in the phone counselling process from wherever you are—home, office, away travelling on business, or during a vacation, as long as you have access to a phone!
- there can be more flexibility with scheduling for a phone session and you don’t have to take the extra time travelling to and from the appointment.
- if you live in a remote area without access to any in-person help being able to use the phone for your session makes counselling possible..
- if you live outside the Victoria, British Columbia area, and you feel a resonance with what you’ve read on my site, you still have the option to work with me.
- phone counselling from the comfort of your home can be especially helpful if you struggle with anxiety, depression, or high sensitivity.
- ongoing phone therapy can also be mixed well with the occasional in person, email or online “chat” session, if any of those methods are possible for you and we decide together that it would be helpful to include other formats.
Telephone counselling sessions are usually 60 minutes.
All sessions are scheduled in Pacific Standard Time.
With phone therapy, we will schedule our appointment time together in advance. Then, at the appointed time, I’ll call you, wherever you happen to be.
Or, if you would prefer to call me, we can arrange that too.
For phone counselling, payment must be made at least 24 hours before your session. For more information about fees, please click here.
Working with a phone counsellor is not appropriate for everybody. If you feel suicidal, homicidal, or like you want to hurt yourself or someone else, call 911 or your doctor immediately, or go to the nearest emergency room.
Phone counselling is also not appropriate if:
- you are experiencing psychotic symptoms (hallucinations, delusions, thought disorganization).
- you are addicted to drugs or alcohol and are currently using.
- if you have been diagnosed with a psychiatric illness such as schizophrenia.
In these cases, please see your doctor.
To find out more about my phone counselling services or for a complimentary 20 minute phone consultation, please call me at 1 888 504 4111 or email me at
I look forward to speaking with you!